How We Work TogetherSierra Homes wants to be much more than your home builder. We want to be your home partner. We will guide you through each step of creating a home that fulfills your dreams, while achieving optimal comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and operational economy. The earlier we become your partner, the more we can do to assist you. With 25 years of construction experience and a passion for green building, we can assist you with site selection, architectural coordination, and award-winning construction service that can save you both time and money and the frustration of wishing you had thought of something earlier.
Whether you are ready to start building today or just thinking about what a green home could mean to you, call us!
What is green?There is no black and white to green. Rather than try to define green, we focus on blending green products, practices, building techniques and our unwavering customer service to create a home that satisfies your personal style and delivers high performance.
The following Green Building Guidelines, created by the Sustainable Buildings Industry Council, will provide you with a quick overview of our capabilities.
- Optimize Size Potential: proper site selection, consideration of any existing buildings or infrastructure, orientation of streets and homes for passive & active solar features, location of access roads, parking, potential hazards, and any high priority resources which should be conserved such as trees, waterways, snags, and animal habitats.
- Minimize Energy Use and Use Renewable Energy Strategies: reducing overall energy loads (through insulation, efficient equipment and lighting, and careful detailing of the entire envelope), limiting the amount of fossil fuels required, incorporating renewable energy systems when feasible, and purchasing green power in order to minimize the creation of greenhouse gases.
- Conserve and Protect Water: Reducing, controlling or treating site runoff, designing and constructing the home to conserve water used inside and outside, minimize leaks be insuring proper inspection during construction.
- Use Environmentally Preferable Products: Specifying products which are salvaged, made with recycled content, conserve natural resources, reduce overall materials use, are exceptionally durable & low maintenance, naturally or minimally processed, save energy and/or water, and/or reduce pollution or waste from operations.
- Enhance Indoor Environmental Quality: Provide excellent acoustical, thermal and visual qualities which have a significant impact on health, comfort, and productivity. Attributes
to consider are maximized daylight, appropriate ventilation and moisture control, and the use of low- or no VOC (volatile organic compounds) products.
- Optimize Operations and Maintenance Practices: Materials and systems that simplify and reduce operational requirements, require less water, energy and toxic chemicals and cleaners to maintain, are cost-effective and reduce life-cycle costs.
What makes us unique?
- We listen. Really listen. We are not building our home, we are building your home. But we treat your goals and desires as if they were our own. Green building is a very broad phrase, but the implementation of the phrase is as personal and unique as the individual homeowner. Through our consultation with you we are able to use our vast experience and commitment to service to deliver the home of your dreams and create the lifestyle you seek.
- We are solution providers. Envisioning, designing and building a home is an intensive project filled with a myriad of decisions. Our role is to provide you with ideas and options that meet your needs and streamline the process. Want an off-grid home? We will walk you through the process from proper site orientation to manage and optimize the elements to researching and creating alternative power. No matter your goal or interest, we will find a solution to make it happen.
- We keep you in the loop. We know that building a home is not only a large financial investment, but a large emotional investment. This is why we place such a premium on personal communication with customers and providing unique ways to track the progress of your home. Through our Internet-based customer portal, you can view pictures and monitor the construction timeline on a daily basis. Whether face-to-face or on the Internet, we make sure you are as involved in the process as you wish to be.